Department of Economics Scholarships
Keijonen Family Scholarship
The Keijonen Family Scholarship was established to provide assistance to students from the Greater Detroit area public school systems pursuing economics at MSU. This award is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals, and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress. The Keijonen Family Scholarship will provide $1,300 to up to two economics students per year.
To be considered for an award, the scholarship committee will seek evidence of the following requirements:
- Graduation from a Detroit area public high school
- Good academic standing
- Economics major (preference given to primary majors)
- First generation college students (preferred, but not required)
In selecting the winner, the committee will evaluate the following materials:
- Cover letter, which should include information to address the 3 required areas stated above
- Current resume
- Personal statement, which should address your educational and professional goals, your plans for the following academic year, and how those plans further your goals and career objectives.
All materials for the scholarship should be submitted electronically as Word or pdf attachments to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is March 1st of each year to be awarded for the following academic year.