Welcome to our PhD* program. We hope that it will give you an overview of the key components of our program and answer important questions you may have.
While the website provides detailed information about our program, we wish to highlight seven aspects from the outset:
- We are a top-ranked economics program, often ranked around 30th in the United States
- While we offer a broad range of field options, our strongest areas are those that are related to econometrics and those that are more applied
- Our program is structured to encourage a collaborative environment
- Most of our admitted students are offered funding for five years, which includes an innovative summer funding program
- We have a strong record of academic placements
- A majority of our students finish in five years
- Our Ph.D. program is designated as a STEM Program. This allows international students the opportunity to request an extension to their OPT.
* Please note that we DO NOT have a master’s degree program in economics.