COVID-19 Operations Plan
The safety of our students, staff, and faculty are of paramount importance to the Department of Economics. Towards fostering a safe and healthy environment, we have made the following changes for Fall 2020:
- While the Department of Economics is devoted to high quality instruction, we have moved all undergraduate and most graduate courses online, consistent with University policy. We will return to relying on in-person instruction as soon as circumstances allow it.
- The Department front office (110 Marshall Adams Hall) will not be open to the public. You can either email receptionEC@econ.msu.edu or call 517.355.7583 and leave a voice mail and a staff member will respond to your email/call.
- The Department requires that Fall office hours be held remotely, consistent with University policy.
- The Department requires all Fall advising to be held remotely. Click here for details.
- The Department has posted occupancy limits consistent with University policy for all shared spaces. Department members are expected to abide by these limits.
- The Department will enforce all University policies, including requiring all members to fill out the Health Screening form before entering our buildings and to wear masks in all shared spaces. For a more detailed listing of policies, click here for the Building Safety Plan and click here for the Framework for Returning Administrative Units to Campus. Click here for an Executive Summary of the changes.